Terry Fox Run
Our annual Terry Fox Walk is on Thursday, September 27th from 10:45-12:00. rain or shine. Like last year, we will be having our walk off school property for the junior and intermediate classes, while the primary classes can walk around the entire perimeter of St. Nicholas School. Each junior/intermediate teacher will walk with their own class along the route while parents and additional staff will be stationed along the route.
Donations can be made by cash only. This year we will be raffling off a sleek grey t-shirt. For every toonie brought in, the student will get a ticket for the raffle.
We hope this year is the best Terry Fox Walk St. Nicholas School has ever participated in! Thanks for your support in encouraging the students to make Terry’s dream a reality!!
Traffic Flow Patterns at St. Nicholas CES
As you all know, traffic on Laurelwood Drive during the entry and dismissal times at St. Nicholas CES can be quite hectic. Our school community works with the City of Waterloo, WRPS and the WCDSB Health and Safety department on a regular basis to try and alleviate some of the ongoing concerns for the safety our students.
Attached to this message is an aerial photo of the school, our parking lot and the adjoining streets. We would ask that all families take a moment to review the drop off/pick up procedures we have in place as we attempt to reduce the chances of anyone being injured travelling to or from St. Nicholas. They are listed below for your reference:
- The school parking lot is for staff and daycare use ONLY. All parents are asked to park on one of the side streets across from the school (visible on the map) and have their child(ren) walk to the crossing guard adjacent to Holly View Place to cross Laurelwood Drive.
- The entrance (marked as A on the map) at the west end of Laurelwood Drive (closest to Cedar Bend Drive) is for school vehicles (buses, taxis, WCDSB fleet vehicles) and staff to access the parking lot on the west side of the school or directly in front of the school.
- The entrance (marked as A on the map) directly across from Holly View Place is for school vehicles (buses, taxis, WCDSB fleet vehicles) and daycare staff/clients. Upon entry, all vehicles MUST turn left, as traffic in front of the school is only one way (west to east).
- The exit (marked as B on the map) at the east end of Laurelwood Drive (closest to Brookmill Crescent) is only to be used as an EXIT.
- If you are using Cedar Bend Drive, Holly View Place or Brookmill Crescent as a drop off/pick up point for your child, please ensure that they ONLY cross Laurelwood Drive with the crossing guard on the crosswalk across from Holly View Place. Additionally, please respect our neighbours and avoid parking in front of their driveways. On Holly View Place obey parking signs as you may be ticketed.
- If you are using the townhouse complex immediately west of the school, please respect our neighbours and avoid parking in front of their driveways. Ensure that you are on the lookout for cyclists coming down the hill on Laurelwood Drive, from the west (from Laurelwood Drive and Erbsville Road).
- Note that the distance from Cedar Bend Drive and Brookmill Place to the cross walk is just over 100 metres in each direction.
We would like to thank you in advance for planning your day so that you allow plenty of time for your child to arrive at school safely and on time.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with the school.
Spirit Fall Athletics
Best wishes to our Junior Co-ed Soccer Team and our Intermediate 3 Pitch teams who will compete this week in their respective tournaments. We’re proud of the efforts you’ve put into representing St. Nicholas. Thank you to all of our coaches for their time and to the parent volunteer drivers.
St. Nicholas Online Spirit Wear Store 2018
Youth Cannabis Infographic
School Photos will be taken on October 10th.
Monsignor Haller Christmas Spectacular